The automotive collision and refinishing technology program at Seward County Community College can lead to a challenging and rewarding career. The vast changes in design, construction, and finish of today's automobiles have created a shortage of top-notch technicians. With the industry requiring the entry of skilled individuals on a continual basis, auto body collision repair is a terrific career with multiple opportunities for growth.
Automotive collision and refinishing technology students at SCCC:
• Learn estimating, non-structural repair, welding and cutting, refinishing, plastic repair, and mechanical and electrical repair.
• Use the I-Car Education Foundation Enhanced Delivery CDs, consisting of seven subjects, 43 units, and over 200 modules, to assist in the learning process.
• Learn through state-of-the-art industry endorsed and developed curriculum that is updated annually to ensure students receive instruction at the cutting edge of technology.
• Become a part of an ASE Master Certified Training Program.
• Learn structural/damage repair, non-structural analysis/damage repair, mechanical and electronical computer, and plastic and adhesive painting and refinishing.