The following application process must be completed for all Cosmetology applicants:
- Fill out a Seward County Community College Application for Admission
- Complete the Application for Enrollment—Cosmetology form
- Complete the TB Questionnaire
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application at FAFSA® Application | Federal Student Aid (Cosmetology only).
- Meet with Financial Aid, and then submit the signed Financial Aid Interview form to the cosmetology department.
- Make an appointment with the Admissions Office to take the Accuplacer test or submit your ASSET scores.
- You will need to provide the following documentation to SCCC: official copies of your high school transcript or GED and all college transcripts.
- Submit a cover letter, to cosmetology, telling us about yourself and why you have chosen the SCCC Cosmetology Program.
- Your high school will need to provide the following documentation to Kansas Board of Cosmetology: an official copy of your high school transcript or GED in a sealed envelope.
- You will need to provide a copy of your driver's license or other valid state photo ID to the Kansas Board of Cosmetology.
- You will need to provide a copy of your signed social security card to the Kansas Board of Cosmetology.
Copies needing to be sent to Kansas Board of Cosmetology may be sent in any of the following ways:
Mail: Email: Fax:
Kansas Board of Cosmetology kboc.ks.gov (785)-296-3002
714 SW Jackson St., Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66603
Acceptance of students into the Cosmetology program is dependent upon available openings and the applicant's performance on Accuplacer. The applicant may need to upgrade reading and writing skills prior to being admitted to the program.
Two basic 1,500-hour Cosmetology classes are accepted annually, with one class beginning in August and one class beginning in January.
Applicants for the cosmetology program should apply no later than June 1 for the August start class and November 1 for the January start class.