The purpose of the Assessment Committee is to facilitate a faculty driven design and implementation process for our institutional student learning outcomes and student development outcomes.
Scope of Work
- Facilitate the development and implementation of assessment models based on continuous improvement practice at the course, program, and institution levels.
- Work with the Academic Affairs Council, Instructional Team, Deans’ Council, Board of Trustees, Student Services, Office of Research and Assessment, as well as full and part-time faculty in interpreting, promoting, evaluating, and improving student learning and development.
- Develop, review, and revise an institutional assessment plan.
- Facilitate the use of assessment findings to improve instructional design and institutional processes impacting student learning and development.
The Assessment Committee directs assessment activities, processes, and procedures for the institution. The Committee makes policy recommendations which are reviewed and approved by the Academic Affairs Council. The Committee reports directly to the Academic Affairs Council.
Committee members represent all five academic divisions, administration, and the Office of Research and Assessment. Faculty are rotational members and serve a three year term. There will be one administrative representative. The Director of Research and Assessment serves as the chair of the committee.
- Allied Health Division â€“ two faculty members
- Math, Science, and HPERD Division â€“ two faculty members
- Business Division â€“ two faculty members
- Humanities and Social Sciences Division â€“ two faculty members
- Industrial Technology Division â€“ two faculty members
Todd Carter - Director of Assessment & Research; 620.417.1603